• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project beginning w/questions

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I have started my frame off and doing panel replacement. Thought that i would add some pictures. I took alot of measurements, but was wondering if anyone had some general lists of measurements for installing parts like door posts etc.

Attachments

• br1.jpg
    br1.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 393
OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Still wondering if anyone has any more measurements for me to try to use to back mine up with.

Yeah I am lucky, the shop came with the house I bought. It is 38'x75' and already has a basic paint booth set up in it. The PO was a wood refinisher. I am sure that I will put it to use. The only issue is that is has low ceiling. Not good for working on my super duty.

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Im sure MnkyBiz has the measurements youre looking for. Hes doing alot of body work himself and I think working on a tech article for the site. Maybe hell chime in, I need some of those measurements myself.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I am pretty sure I just sent you the measurements.

If you didn't get them,please let me know and I will resend.

Now, I am back to the sack. I need to shake the flu before the weekend! I would hate to waste valuable welding time!!!!

MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I think the monkey took up residence somewhere else inside my body!

I haven't been this sick since I was a kid! I forgot how much it hurt to puke for hours straight!

claytargethntr

Loc.
winter az/co
Hey mnkybiz,

Any chance I can get those measurments as well, I cut the pax floor out today and have a long way to go in a very short amount of time. Thanks for your time

claytargethntr
(willhbeck@aol.com)

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Project is coming along. Thanks for the measurements.

Is there anything you guys see that I am doing wrong?

Attachments

• br14.jpg
    br14.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 125

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
What are you doing wrong???

I haven't seen a single beer in a photo there!

Oooooh the travesty!

Ok, back to serious broncoitus, it looks fantastic! Very nice work!

keep the photos coming!

weps

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Switzerland
ha!! i was just going to suggest a few beers! and also mention the pabst blue ribbon can compliments the look of bare sheet metal particulary well.

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Dont worry, there has been plenty of coors light bottles put to rest on this project so far.

Time consuming work, but it will be worth it in the end. Next step is to mount the door posts and new rocker panels. This appears to be quite a challenge.

One other questions, I have a bad taillight housing. How bad is this to replace? JBG says that there new pieces are much better quality than before. Anyone have any experience with this?

Attachments

• br15.jpg
    br15.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 68