• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Cash* Firts car show *

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Good Luck! Can't wait to see the pics of the progress. I hope you refilled your jug of midnight oil %);D

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
Most of the wiring is done. Will tackle the distributor and a few things under the dash also neutral safety switch, does anyone know how to wire the neutral safety, what wires go where? also I have a HEI distributor does the coil wire to to the bat. hookup on the distributor and tack to tack obviously. Would appreciate the help thanks. Taking a couple hr brake then back out at it tonight.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
J-man, I was too much of a chicken to try to wire my Bronco without a well documented kit. I hate wiring. Not my life's ambition. Good to hear yours went well... I still have a few things to do inside my engine bay, this week should finish it out though.

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
It's 1:20 am and time to go to bed the wiring is now 95% complete, only have the wipers to do and the stop sw. o does this go to the switch on the brake peddle?

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331454500.897782.jpg
Here are some pics I will tape and loom every wire before I'm done.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331454519.414043.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331454519.414043.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 258

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With that attention to detail, how are you going to finish the positive battery cable at the clamp?

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
Electrical situation

I've ran into an issue. Got the bronc wired and only thing not working is the passenger side brake light and flasher light here on the same side. The signal on the passenger side works fine also the driving light here works as well. After hrs of troubleshooting I traced it up to the turn signal wiring mechanism on the steering column. I'm guessing this is the problem. good voltage on everything up here but the dark green Centech wire at the signal which feeds the rear passenger side light has no voltage. My Column is a 1974 with the hazard switch in the column. Where might I find a new harness for the column? What do you all think?

sstclair

I've ran into an issue. Got the bronc wired and only thing not working is the passenger side brake light and flasher light here on the same side. The signal on the passenger side works fine also the driving light here works as well. After hrs of troubleshooting I traced it up to the turn signal wiring mechanism on the steering column. I'm guessing this is the problem. good voltage on everything up here but the dark green Centech wire at the signal which feeds the rear passenger side light has no voltage. My Column is a 1974 with the hazard switch in the column. Where might I find a new harness for the column? What do you all think?

I've had issues a couple times with the cancel cam in the column, I think that's pretty common. My bet is that if you pull the steering wheel and just put pressure on that cam, you'll probably get the lights to come on. I believe I got the last my last one at Napa. They're a PIA to get to work right but it might be easier than a harness since you probably pinned yours for the centech. BTW the harness is ~$50 at Wild Horses WH steering column parts

Just my 2 cents.
-Steve

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
I've had issues a couple times with the cancel cam in the column, I think that's pretty common. My bet is that if you pull the steering wheel and just put pressure on that cam, you'll probably get the lights to come on. I believe I got the last my last one at Napa. They're a PIA to get to work right but it might be easier than a harness since you probably pinned yours for the centech. BTW the harness is ~$50 at Wild Horses WH steering column parts

Just my 2 cents.
-Steve

Thanks Steve I will call Napa and see what they have. Now would be the time to change it out. Where could I get more of those pins?

sstclair

Thanks Steve I will call Napa and see what they have. Now would be the time to change it out. Where could I get more of those pins?
I have to admit, I do everything in a hurry. I didn't have time to look for connectors so my wires are all spliced a few inches above the connector. Soldered and heat shrinked of course. There's got to be someone local that carries them, as I remember they seemed pretty generic. It looks like the connector comes in a kit of it's own for ~$30 from painless. Also, Ryan has a bunch of high end connectors at RJminjectiontech.com If he has them, they are a few cents each.

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331650845.673124.jpg
Sneak peak at powder coated parts, roll cage, bumpers, fan shroud. More detailed pic to come.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331650863.492013.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331650863.492013.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
Put a few hours in last night fan shroud, completed some front end wiring, H4 headlights installed and working. Also Cash helped me to rewire the steering column with the new signal switch.

Attachments

• IMG_3414.jpg
    IMG_3414.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_3410.jpg
    IMG_3410.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 197

mac77

Loc.
Vicksburg
super nice build

fixing to install a centech in my 72. i guess i made a good call when i decided to replace the turn signal switch and harness. what alternator are you running? i am running a powermaster 70/100 and was told i could wire it up straight to fuse block and shouldnt have any issues just wondering if you knew anything about the high output alternators.

OP
OP
J-man

J-man

Loc.
Holladay, UT
fixing to install a centech in my 72. i guess i made a good call when i decided to replace the turn signal switch and harness. what alternator are you running? i am running a powermaster 70/100 and was told i could wire it up straight to fuse block and shouldnt have any issues just wondering if you knew anything about the high output alternators.

Mac77 Ive got a stock style alternator installed I'll try this and see how it works