• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

proto fab rear bumper

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Anybody ever tried raising there protofab rear bumper 2" or mor after a body lift. I can't seem to figure out how to do it without moving the bumper farther out and I don't like that idea. I guess I need to toss up a pic to give you all a visual. the bumper is the rear tube pre-runner style and it just mounts directly into the bumper ends with some channel. I will see if I can get a pic up soon.

thanks Ben

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
You know after looking at the protofab page they used to have a raised rear bumper but they don't show a pic. Maybe I need to call them tomorrow to see what they do? Would still like some input though.

Ben

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I have my buddys one still mounted on my rig and it is low on the ends but only because I bobbed the corners up higher on my rig. I will try to build one to my liking on the main bumper but still have the swing-outs similiar to the ProtoFab.

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Pretty sure that on mine, you just flipped the adapters (between the frame and the bumper) 180 degrees and they line up for a 2" lift.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Thanks guys, I got the bumpers used so no adaptors for me. Yeah, Mad I have a 2" body lift and then bobbed the rear too so it kinda looks weird at least to me.

Ben

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
If you look at this pic from WH page of bumpers under the power brace you can see how they do it from protofab. It's done with an offset plate that bolt the bumper to the frame horn slide ins.

Attachments

• 4018PO~1.jpg
    4018PO~1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 89

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I had that bumper for a 2" BL and it stuck out too much. I think it's their offset bracket method. I eventually sold it and made my own.

OP
OP
bigmuddy

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
gddyap that is what I was thinking when looking at mine last night. If you move it up, you would more than likely need to move it out as well? Hmmm, going to take some more thinkin or a lot more modification to it than I care to do right now.

thanks ben

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I think you could move it up without also moving out. I think their design (Protofab or WH?) is poor.