• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Proto Fab Rear Plate Bumper Install

jsander

Loc.
Under your Bronco
I'm getting ready to install my new Proto Fab Rear Plate Bumper and was wondering if anyone has any pics of how the bumper attaches to the frame rails. It didn't come with any instructions and I couldn't find anything on their web page. Any help would be appreciated :cool:

OP
OP
jsander

jsander

Loc.
Under your Bronco
Never mind. After staring at it for awhile I figured out that the mounting brackets where turned in for shipping purposes. I'll have it mounted by the end of the day.

OP
OP
jsander

jsander

Loc.
Under your Bronco
I am running the matching Proto Fab front bumper. I will go out and snap a couple of pics of what I got done so far. I just took a break and took my mom for a ride in the bronco, now she wants to go with me on my next trip to the rubicon............%)

OP
OP
jsander

jsander

Loc.
Under your Bronco
Here's some pics of the front and rear (not installed) bumpers. I forgot to take a pic of the tire carrier, once everything is installed I'll take some more pictures.

Attachments

• Proto Fab Bumpers 001.jpg
    Proto Fab Bumpers 001.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Proto Fab Bumpers 002.jpg
    Proto Fab Bumpers 002.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Proto Fab Bumpers 003.jpg
    Proto Fab Bumpers 003.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Proto Fab Bumpers 004.jpg
    Proto Fab Bumpers 004.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 76
OP
OP
jsander

jsander

Loc.
Under your Bronco
Damn GaBronco, good eye :eek: You are the second person to notice that, I need to take it back and have them remount the tire for me......but as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

As far as the bumpers, they are for the 3" body lift. I am real happy with them, excellent quality and super tough. I tested the front bumper on a couple of obstacles in the rubicon last month ;D

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Looking good! Those Protofab bumpers are works of art! Dig 'em! :cool:

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
jsander said:
Damn GaBronco, good eye :eek: You are the second person to notice that, I need to take it back and have them remount the tire for me......but as the old saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

nice looking bumpers! I took some que's from that bumper when I built my own. Anyway on the tires, I understand that it's a headache to get that tire remounted, but the problem is when you need the traction it'll be too late. If you're just on the rocks, you'll probably be fine, but if get into mud, sand,... they won't self clean and that surface will ball up in the middle of your tire. just something to think about.

J.D.

OP
OP
jsander

jsander

Loc.
Under your Bronco
Thanks JD, I didn't think about it that way. I do plan on doing some wheeling this winter (snow, mud, etc.). I did tell my self that I would get it fixed before I take it out again. Fortunately I have only been on one trip to the rubicon on those tires, and I ended up losing my clutch at the springs so they haven't seen a lot of miles yet.
It's pretty frustrating when I take all of my p/u's, ten wheelers and heavy equipment to this tire shop. And the one they make a mistake on is my bronco :cry:

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
It's hard to trust folks these days. I just had a brand new MTR ruined by a tire shop because they tried to dismount the tire without loosening the beadlocks. They did, however, replace the tire.

J.D.