• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Proto Fab Rear Rock Blocker Bumper

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Lookey what I found in my driveway today!!!!!

Drop shipped direct from Proto Fab....

Attachments

• DSC06270.jpg
    DSC06270.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

msweb

Bronco Guru
I need to start hanging out in your neighborhood! That's friggin sweet!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
You're going to love it Mad. Serious beef, clean install and top-shelf craftsmanship. A great product at a very reasonable price...although I am sure shipping was brual to the Islands.

6daze

Nice!

I can't wait to get my tire carrier so my bumper can go to powder....

They also sent my a "blank" swing for the cooler rack so I can build my own...

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
Looks great when its powder coated
DSCI0020.jpg

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
every time i see one of these i wish i had gotten the driver side rack brackets so i could build my gas can rack....

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks great when its powder coated
DSCI0020.jpg

I spent the $$ to powder coat also and scraped a lot of it off the first time I went wheeling:cry: I had it coated in a satin black with a light texture, I painted the front with Rust Oleum bed liner for $16 and it's a exact match to the rear.

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
As most of you know the rear bumper on my yellow77 was hitching a ride back home from the 40th Anniversary in California in 06 to be installed on J.R.'s rig here in the island. He paid for it and it was his. When it got back to the island JRs rig wasn't ready for it so he said to keep it on my truck till he was ready for it. That was 3 years ago. He was ready for it 2 years ago, I said that I would paint it for him with a good 2 stage paint. Buzy as I am, it never happened and being that the bumper has been in a couple off tip-overs while on my rig, little tweaks here and there, plus I grew to liking the bumper on my truck I decided to buy JR a new one and pay the shipping. So there it is....
Yesterday I delivered it to Joel, as humble as he is, he said I never had to do that and that painting it was good enough.
The Profab Fab bumper is SOLID! and it looks good on my rig. Taking it off my truck would be a bad thing.
It's the Aloha thing. Thanks braddah!

Attachments

• DSC01906sm.jpg
    DSC01906sm.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01955sm.jpg
    DSC01955sm.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Do they make a version with the tire mount on the driver side? Seems like it's a real impediment to rear window visibility on the pass. side....

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Do they make a version with the tire mount on the driver side? Seems like it's a real impediment to rear window visibility on the pass. side....

Not sure if they do. But with the cooler mounted on the rack it is taller than the tire mounted. That is probably why the tire rack is on the pass. side.

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
For the cooler mount I guess it wouldn't matter, but for the version with only a gas can mount, or with nothing but the spare tire, I'd prefer the tire be directly behind the driver seat, so that I have the option of craning my head around and looking out the rear window (Like for backing up and such)