• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pulled ole blue out of the garage after 8 years in captivity

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Nice day in Atlanta today. Trying to get motivated to start a new garage project, so I pulled my baby blue '76 out of the garage after 8 years. Last time I had it out, was 2006. Time flies. Rinsed her off, and she looked pretty good.

Jeff

Attachments

• DSC_0808.jpg
    DSC_0808.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC_0809.jpg
    DSC_0809.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_0810.jpg
    DSC_0810.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0811.jpg
    DSC_0811.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0812.jpg
    DSC_0812.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC_0813.jpg
    DSC_0813.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 153

Firedog67

Awesome!! I pulled mine out April 11 after 14 years and haven't looked back.
Take plenty of pics and keep us posted.

OP
OP
Jeff76

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Nice...

Take her for a spin as well???

The boys and I drove her around the property, but just enough to warm her up and see what was / was not working. This one has about 50k odd miles, and probably has had no more than 3000 miles on it since about 1986. She would need some work / maintenance to be road worthy again. Broncos don't like to sit, the need to be in motion.

I vacillate between sending it off to have a frame off resto by professionals, leaving it alone, or doing a frame off on it myself. There's really no body work to be done, she's perfect, and the paint still looks new from 1990. But lots of little things need work.

In the meantime, I have another one (green '76) to work on, and drive, but I need to get blue out of her hole more often, I guess.

Jeff

N747JB

Come on Jeff we have to get ole Blue out along with my green one and cruise McDonalds again, like it's 1980!! ;D Still looks like it did in high school, wish I did!! ;)

OP
OP
Jeff76

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Come on Jeff we have to get ole Blue out along with my green one and cruise McDonalds again, like it's 1980!! ;D Still looks like it did in high school, wish I did!! ;)

Sounds like a plan! But we'd have to get some beer and drive up to the Yeager road pipeline too! Seriously, Need to get you and Mike to come over for a backyard bonfire soon. You know he lives up here near me now, right?

Jeff

OP
OP
Jeff76

Jeff76

Loc.
Alpharetta GA
Both trucks look great! Maybe your boys will end up with them, if their lucky!

Funny you say that. The blue one is specifically in my will for my oldest. My lawyer said 'not a good idea' to put a vehicle in a will, because they get bought and sold. I told him, 'not this one, it's a family heirloom'. ; ).

Jeff

N747JB

Funny you say that. The blue one is specifically in my will for my oldest. My lawyer said 'not a good idea' to put a vehicle in a will, because they get bought and sold. I told him, 'not this one, it's a family heirloom'. ; ).

Jeff

Got sold once, but never again! ;D

N747JB

I don't think I'm gonna get mine dirty!! But, that part of Yeager Rd is an abandoned golf course now! I haven't been to his new place, I know he's up that way. I saw him at Jeff Morris's dad's funeral.
Sounds like a plan! But we'd have to get some beer and drive up to the Yeager road pipeline too! Seriously, Need to get you and Mike to come over for a backyard bonfire soon. You know he lives up here near me now, right?

Jeff

Bronco Biff

Contributor
........option to listing in will passed on to me by attorney/Judge/Elder Law friend......owners name in title as "yourname, alternateownersname, or survivor"

Sweet Bronco that I would vote to maintain as original as possible at this point!!