• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pulled Over by a Rich Guy

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Well i've heard stories, but it finally happened, coming to a 4-way stop this big red beautiful brand new Jaguar in front of me pulls over to the right, I'm like WTF are you doing dude? I thought he was lost so i motioned him to go in front of me, then he motions for me to go...then it hits me he wants to give me a compliment, but instead when i pull alongside he says "would you sell it?"

The guy is probably in his 60's (at least) but with full-on George Hamilton-tan, obviously had money to burn kinda guy, I just smiled and said "Oh no...not now at least" He just replied "Man I'd love to have it!!"

Cars behind us so I turned left, he turned right. Almost wonder if I could have made some cash, but at the same time, I've also heard stories of guys like him thinking they're worth what they retailed for back in the day!!

Anyway just wanted to share, have a good night!

Gupster88

Contributor
Guppy
Loc.
Tillamook OR
Cool story. Just put a sign in the window from now on that says “ Not for sale unless you got .?.......... If not. Don’t ask. “.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I would have entertained and heard his offer. My father-in-law had a 70s Impala that he restored from the frame up. He bought it when it was dirt cheap and sold it for a huge profit to a Chinese businessman that paid him $20,000 cash! Transaction took less than 2-hours(from initial contact to cash in hand).

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I would have entertained and heard his offer.

I would have too, but the family was at home waiting for the dinner I'd just picked up, and I'd already been taking the scenic route, as I'm sure all my fellow members can relate ;)

even when I run to the grocery store (a mile down the road) for an item or 2 , my wife says "See you in an hour" ;D

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
My luck will be, when I finish mine, the price bubble will burst and I will lose money:cry:
But I will have a cool Bronco!!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that is a feather in the cap, he must of enjoyed your nice ride!! I usually have the scrap guy stop me ;D;D

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My luck will be, when I finish mine, the price bubble will burst and I will lose money:cry:
But I will have a cool Bronco!!!

Still waiting for the price bubble to burst on 69 fastback GT's......... And I sold mine for $3k back in 1988. Dumb, dumb dumb...

Me2carcrazy1

I got my Bronco from a friend who was tired of people asking him if he wanted to sell his every time he went to town. He sold it to me so he didn't have to deal with the annoyance anymore. Worked out great for me. LOL

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
I had my Bronco in a car show weekend before last. As I drove in, there were people all over looking at the cars and trucks. I got parked, and before I could get all the way out of the truck, there was this woman there telling me she wanted to buy it. I told her I would add her name to the list and she was 43rd. She said,"Move me to the top because I will pay whatever you want." I told her it wasn't for sale right now...and she left.

Hultzger

Loc.
Martinez
I would have too, but the family was at home waiting for the dinner I'd just picked up, and I'd already been taking the scenic route, as I'm sure all my fellow members can relate ;)

even when I run to the grocery store (a mile down the road) for an item or 2 , my wife says "See you in an hour" ;D

I usually get, "What store did you go to?"

Mike Bryan

Loc.
Mount Olive
Here I am at our state park, me and the bronco, and guy asks me if I would sell it, that his wife loves it. I tell him 30 g, and he says stay here , I’ll be back with the cash, scared the crap outa me, and I tell him no, my kids want it, I’ve owned it for 25 years. Next story, same park, different guy, offers me his nearly new Toyota Tacoma crew cab, straight trade, I tell him no, wow, who would have ever thought this would be happening to us bronco owners. When I had the thing upside down on its lid, no, I never thought they would be valuable. Now, it stays in the garage, locked up as I had a pill head try to relieve me of it. Double edge sword effect.

1963hotrod

Loc.
Oroville
Still waiting for the price bubble to burst on 69 fastback GT's......... And I sold mine for $3k back in 1988. Dumb, dumb dumb...

69 Mach 1 4k . I had sold a 71 bronco for 3500 to buy the Mach 1 and a 69 Camaro before that to buy the bronco. Wish I had all three. I do now have a 69 Bronco under construction. So at least I have one of the three.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Too many people here in Az. know about EBs. I get firemen and cops asking often. Most the time I get hit at gas stations. They know you're stuck till it's fueled up.