• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

pulling motor

6bronco6

I need to pull my current motor( 7 302 fuel injected) so i can have it rebuilt. I have never pulled a motor before and need some help. I was told to make sure i lable everything. An other tips or advice? Any write ups on this?

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Buy a box of the medium size ziplock bags. As you remove fasteners etc, put them in a bag and use a sharpie to write on it where they go. Makes reassembly LOTS easier.

OP
OP

6bronco6

Should i take the tranny and motor out as one? Will the radiator have to come out?

71 BRNCO

I left the tranny in place, but make sure you put a jack under the tranny. unbolt exhaust manifolds and put to the side, unbolt motor mounts. Pull radiator and anything else in the way and up she'll go