• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quality aftermarket seat sliders?

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I need some quality seat sliders. I have the Corbeau moab seats with their sliders and they are not the best quality and the passenger side seat doesn't come close to going far enough forward to allow people to enter the rear of the Bronco. A tilt bracket won't due much good because my seats are so tall if I tilted them up they would hit my cage. I need a good slider that will go forward quite a ways. Any suggestions?

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
I do not know if they will work but I have thought about full size Bronco sliders. The passenger side slides a good ways forward. I just have not had the time to check it out good and measure them.

7bronco6

Loc.
PA
I think it might depend on where you have your seats mounted..The way my Moabs are installed, the passenger seat can't go front any further because it hits the transmission tunnel....maybe your seat is mounted a little closer to the door and clears that?? but its something to check out before you get longer sliders..

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I don't know if you will find a slider to get the seat that far forward. You might look at the hinge up and forward style brackets like you would find in a Ext-cab Ranger or Bronco II. Several people here have used these brackets and seats with good success. I remember seeing someone on here recently who fabbed there own, but I couldn't find it for you.
If you just want generic sliders Summit sells some, but I have no experience with them.

OP
OP
Silverhorse

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I think it might depend on where you have your seats mounted..The way my Moabs are installed, the passenger seat can't go front any further because it hits the transmission tunnel....maybe your seat is mounted a little closer to the door and clears that?? but its something to check out before you get longer sliders..

What the deal is, I mounted my seats to the cage and I'm 6'2" so I moved the seats back about 7" from the stock position. I think now the easiest option is to move the pass, side seat foward as far as possible, that should give me the clearance I need to access the back of the bronco, i hope;D ;D

OP
OP
Silverhorse

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I don't know if you will find a slider to get the seat that far forward. You might look at the hinge up and forward style brackets like you would find in a Ext-cab Ranger or Bronco II. Several people here have used these brackets and seats with good success. I remember seeing someone on here recently who fabbed there own, but I couldn't find it for you.
If you just want generic sliders Summit sells some, but I have no experience with them.

I looked at the wrangler and bronco II style and neither would work for my application due to the cage mounting of the seats. (seat hits top of cage when tilting, because they are highback and mounted 2" above floor). They both would work great if mounted to the floor BTW.

OP
OP
Silverhorse

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I do not know if they will work but I have thought about full size Bronco sliders. The passenger side slides a good ways forward. I just have not had the time to check it out good and measure them.

Have not check into these,can't find many older trucks in the junkyards here.:-[