• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question 93 bronco , best way to paint bumper front & back.

MommaGRay

Trying to match up with rims and other parts but I'm gonna purchase some new parts in near future. Wanting to paint bumpers front and back black instead of buying entire new parts. Which way is the best to prep it and paint the bumpers?

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
Trying to match up with rims and other parts but I'm gonna purchase some new parts in near future. Wanting to paint bumpers front and back black instead of buying entire new parts. Which way is the best to prep it and paint the bumpers?

What's the condition now and what are your expectations? Are they Crome plated or where they silver painted,, if painted DA with 80 grit hand sand in areas you can't reach prime and paint ,, if Crome it's going to take more work..option 2 is remove bumpers have them sand/ media blasted and prime paint off vehicle,, but what ever you do you'll need a good 80grit scratch to get the primer to bite into ,, I'd also use epoxy primer but that's me Â…Â…. Good luck and this is really a early bronco forum but what do he hay Â…Â…

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Drop them off at the body shop and have them paint it.

You asked for the best, not most economical. If you don't know how to lay down some good paint, give it to the pros.

FYI, a '93 is a little newer than this site caters to. This site is specific to 1st gen Broncos (66-77). Your 4th gen (I think, forgot exactly when they went to the 5th) is a couple generations too new. There are better resources for your full size Bronco. Fullsizebroncos.com or something like that.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Drop them off at the body shop and have them paint it.

You asked for the best, not most economical. If you don't know how to lay down some good paint, give it to the pros.

FYI, a '93 is a little newer than this site caters to. This site is specific to 1st gen Broncos (66-77). Your 4th gen (I think, forgot exactly when they went to the 5th) is a couple generations too new. There are better resources for your full size Bronco. Fullsizebroncos.com or something like that.

'92 to '96 is 5th Generation.