• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

question about wipers after windshield wiper drop

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I have now installed my STC top and the included drop bracket. I was wondering if how do you mount the wipers because after I mounted the wipers normal in the rest position the next time I flipped them on they wanted to go up in the air above my windshield. Basiclly after dropping the motor the wipers sweep is reversed what is a way to cope with this?

Thanks
Will

black pearl

it's been awhile since i did mine,but i'm thinking i used the trial and error method to get them right.i think you need to remove the arms and put them on facing down and adjust from there.

flint_knapper

BRONCO GOD
Loc.
Harvest, AL
Yep, remove the arms from the shafts, turn on
and then off the wiper motor. Where the shafts
stop is now the new park position.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
red76,

How is your linkage setup now? Make sure that your linkage is correct. I did the same thing when I installed mine and they went up also. Make sure that the two small linkage parts that come off of the wipers and attach to the main horizontal linkage are facing up and to the left from where they attach to the wipers. This will make the wipers go down like they are supposed to and stop at the top where they should. If those two small peices of the linkage are facing downward, then the wipers will go up above the windshield. Hope that makes since. (the two small pieces I am referring to are about 2.5" long)Let me know if that helps. I will try and send a pic when my batterieds recharge.

Attachments

• dsc00453.jpg
    dsc00453.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 62
  • tuffy.jpg
    tuffy.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 55
  • brsteerrackpistonbadseal.jpg
    brsteerrackpistonbadseal.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FIGO,

Here are more pics of how mine is set up as far as the motor goes The linkage pics are above in the other thread. Works great.

Hope that helps,

Blue71

Attachments

• dash_2.jpg
    dash_2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 69
  • Img_0011.jpg
    Img_0011.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 56
  • dsc01038.jpg
    dsc01038.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
red76

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Did you reverse you motor or somthing because when your's is at rest the arm is opposite the body of the motor and when mine is at rest the arm is in line with the body of the motor. In other words when at rest your arm is to the left and mine is to the right.

Will

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
red76 said:
Did you reverse you motor or somthing because when your's is at rest the arm is opposite the body of the motor and when mine is at rest the arm is in line with the body of the motor. In other words when at rest your arm is to the left and mine is to the right.

Will
when you use a drop bracket for the soft tops or bikini tops the motor needs to be flipped over 180...as its shown in the pic above, that is why your arms want to go above the winshield, you will still need to adjust your wiper arms so they "park" at the top of your windshield instead of the bottom as they will do when you first flip the motor...hope this helps...

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
remove the linkage attached to the motor and turn it 180 to compensate for turning the motor 180.

OP
OP
red76

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
OK I get it now. Sorry for my ignorance. I will try to do that and hopfully that will fix my problem. Thanks for your help.

Will