• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Question on 351 Windsor Intake Manifolds

hdrider00

Loc.
San Jose
Guys:
I have a question about my 351 Windsor. I have an Edelbrock aluminum intake manifold and was told that it does not have the same water ports as the stock intake manifold does. The ones they said it does not have is the water ports towards the rear and by not having these it contributes to the engine wanting to overheat. Is this true? I do have a slight overheating issue when I come off the freeway it goes from its normal 180 to 215 pretty quickly and takes awhile to go back down. My concern is that when I four wheel for a long steady uphill someday I am going to see the same issue.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Ron

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
If you want some information on this issue read my article called cooling the monster motor on the left<<
As to your overheat problem, some things come to mind
Good cooling system?, up to snuff
lots of air flow under hood
good cooling fan
proper thermostat
TOFIC