• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Questions on how to cover the gap after getting a body lift

tampabronco

Hate the big gap between the bumpers and body after installing a body lift. How did you guys cover the space left?

I want to keep the factory bumpers

Airborne69

Loc.
Moorpark, CA
what type of bumpers do you have? If they are custom you could modify the mount so they sit higher up. You could also make some sort of bracket to relocate the stock ones up as well. Creativity is key.

dube

Bronco Guru
Loc.
big lake Mn
i fabbed up a rear valance to hide the gap you are talking about.
AD30A946-A2F0-4D03-931C-4E0C6B992C5A-4295-000006FE63286172.jpg

Deano

Bronco Guru
And I also put a piece of rubber in the gap that you can see in the rear fender area between frame and body

OP
OP
tampabronco

tampabronco

Had some scrubbing in the rear and had to have a 2" lift

Didn't want to go that tall or want the body lift

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Well I did have a larger bumper up front so that gap was not an issue . But I hated the gap at the rear. Since I have bed liner in the bed of my half cab. And my rear bumper is painted black . I had a piece of flat steel bent like a piece of angle iron. It may be 3 inches inside the bed an turned down about 6 inches enough to cover that gap. Then I sprayed it with Bed Liner Spray . It covers up that gap an you don't even notice it. Then I added truck clear 4 inch LED back up lights in it. The light that mount in a oval rubber grommet.

OP
OP
tampabronco

tampabronco

Does anyone sell a piece that covers that space?

Anyone sell a premolded piece that fits in there and covers that gap? Not as bad as I thought but would still like to cover it up

side.jpg photo (2).JPG

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
The Proto Fab bumpers with the 2" body lift option hide it well. (although not the cheapest option)

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 185

BroncoDesignTN

Sponsor/Vendor
I tried to get bronco design to come up with something like Deano had.
maybe ping Cory and see if he have anything yet.

Thanks Randy! We have been working with Deano and should have the front and rear filler panels available soon, in fiberglass. I do have a few of the fronts available in metal that Deano made up. No rears yet, though.