• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quick help- OIl pan gasket set

rutwad

I needed an oil pan gasket set for my '79 351w. Carquest gave me a Victor Reinz OS30541 or 17996. The side gaskets are correct, but the front and rear rubber seals are different. The carquest set came with seals that are flat, but the ones off my EB are "V"'d, or grooved.

The numbers off the seals from Carquest are

NPC E3AE-6723-BA 3 AND 2778 NPC 35.

The ones off my EB are

NPC E3AE-6723-BA 2 and 2778 NPC 31.

Since it is part of a set, I am afraid that the numbers will mean nothing to Carquest. What should I do?

Many, Many Thanks!

OP
OP
R

rutwad

More Info

I just got a number off the oil pan, so maybe I can call Ford or search and find something out about the gasket set.

The oil pan # is D9AE 6675 B3.

OP
OP
R

rutwad

I finally did talk to someone that was aware of the difference and said it should not matter. I was just afraid that the raised rib on the pan might make the rubber seal roll to one side.

Someone recommended gasketcinche.

Thanks!