• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Quick Question about Inboard shock hoop install

carnage351

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Did a search, couldn't find anything.

How hard is it to install the Cross Inboard shock hoop with the body still on the bronco or can it not be done? Do you have to leave the top part unweilded?

I would like to install this, but was not planning on taking the body off my EB for a while.

Thanks

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
No, you should be able to install without removeing the body. It has a foot on each side that is welded to the inside of the frame, so as long as that's clear, you won't have a problem. Do you have a body lift?

J.D.

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I installed mine with the body on... Not hard and yes, the top gets welded.

OP
OP
carnage351

carnage351

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
No body lift....yet, but was going to replace the body bushing at the same time. Thought that I might get and inch or 2 more working room with body unbolted.

Grunt1058

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Land of Entrapment
carnage351 said:
No body lift....yet, but was going to replace the body bushing at the same time. Thought that I might get and inch or 2 more working room with body unbolted.
Dood, you should have told me. I just gave away a brand new body mount kit for $20.00. Poly bushings and new grade 8 HW. %)

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
carnage351 said:

Good idea. I just put my mount on that I bought in the mass buy back at the first of the year. I have a 2" body lift already. So I moved the crossmember up about 1-1/2" from the bottom of the frame. That made about a 1" place on each side that stuck up above the frame and was welded from the fenderwell side, the rest was welded from the underneath. But without a body lift eveything should weld to the inside of the frame rail. The extra room made by lifting the body will make welding the top side much easier. I also chose to move the axle mounts out closer to the spring perchs to give alittle more clearance for a traction bar.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
If your planning on a body lift wait until after you install it. That way you can raise it up further to allow a longer shock to be installed.