• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Racer build by BCB

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
That's them. They are kind of new. I'll get the www and some more info on them tomorrow. I have high hopes for them. I have had problems with King in the past and was looking for a diff. shock when Lee N. offered these for sale. I went to the site and had a look then called them. Great people, wanted to know who was getting Lee's shocks, they keep track of them. Anyway we will know if they are good by the end of the 1k:) All 4 are the same, 3 bypass valves and 1 rebound valve. Also the reservoir will rotate so you can put it where ever you want it. We don't have the final weight so don't have the coils for the front and can't run coils in the rear.
The skins are mine, they are one piece from the back of the grill back. I've ran them on my racer for 3? years now.

Thanks for the answer! They look fantastic! I guess I didn't realize that you were running full one piece sides. May have to hit you up for a pair in the near future.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The skins are mine, they are one piece from the back of the grill back. I've ran them on my racer for 3? years now.

Very Nice Sir..! Happy Holidays to you & the Family!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
is it a double wall style like robby gordon shocks? sounds like a cool idea, little worried about piston diameter if they are like that, but that broncos probably going to be alot lighter than mine.

Wayne:

Those are Revolution Racing shocks: http://www.rrshocks.com/.

There are a few threads on them on RDC.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Here is a few more pictures. You can see the adjusters and locks on the top of the shocks. I do not know how they bypass the fluid. My guess is they gun drill the tube wall. The OD of the shock tube is 2.6" so not a lot of room to work with but several small holes for each stage could work.

Attachments

• shockadj18.jpg
    shockadj18.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 125
  • rear-skin-mt19.jpg
    rear-skin-mt19.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 147
  • front-skin-mt20.jpg
    front-skin-mt20.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 112
  • shock-inst23.jpg
    shock-inst23.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 121

critter

Loc.
belmont,n.c.
Well Chuck let me know the Racer will be ready for us to pick up in 2 weeks. He is adding his final details, limit straps, headers,power steering,bumper/skid plates,s belt system,ect. When the Bronco returns here to N.C. we plan to keep working to try and have a completed racer by april. Thanks for all the interest and e mails hope to have a update real soon.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
that's great critter. you'll have a good time dressing it out. chuck and his group have obviously been hard at it.
say hi to rev. rob for me. ;)

critter

Loc.
belmont,n.c.
That is too Funny!! ;D He is such a nice man, He has done well selling those cars. He mentioned to me his neighbor was a Bronco nutt. Well , that must be you. Cool, Please if in the area look me up and stop in , I would love to share some thoughts on the build. Thanks for saying something.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i don't make it down that way too often, but if you are up this way stop on by. i'm about 1200 feet from his place. have you been up for the 4th parties? if so we've seen each other in passing or by the mixer. ;)

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
A few more pictures of Critters Racewr build

Attachments

• chrisracer24.jpg
    chrisracer24.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 88
  • bumper-light-bar-(30).jpg
    bumper-light-bar-(30).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 101
  • chris-racer-upper-rad-mt15.jpg
    chris-racer-upper-rad-mt15.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 71
  • chris-racertank-mt16.jpg
    chris-racertank-mt16.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 72
  • chris-racer-lower-rad-mt14.jpg
    chris-racer-lower-rad-mt14.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 61
  • chrisracer02.jpg
    chrisracer02.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 76
  • chrisracer03.jpg
    chrisracer03.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 66
  • chrisracer04.jpg
    chrisracer04.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 86
  • chris-racer03.jpg
    chris-racer03.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 59
  • chris-racer04.jpg
    chris-racer04.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 91
  • chris-racer07.jpg
    chris-racer07.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 91
  • chris-racer09.jpg
    chris-racer09.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 100

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
seriously! any plans to produce those?

You can purchase something similar from Autofab or Stewart's Raceworks. They bolt onto the pinion bearing support bolts in front and onto two tabs on the backside of the housing that must be welded on.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
looking good there chuck, did you make the ship date back east?
No Critter decided to add the above stuff. We are about done again.
The hood and grill will be here this week. We will finish the light bar this week and I think we will build a rear lite bar also. The 2ed steering column heim will be here this week also and bigger coil overs on the front.

OP
OP
C

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
seriously! any plans to produce those?
we made a pattern when we built that one so we will see if we can build one from the pattern for the front. If it works out we will be selling them. We have not done the other side mount yet but thinking of using 2 weld tabs.

critter

Loc.
belmont,n.c.
As Chuck mentioned Revolution Racing had some ideas we could not pass up on. This shock company is out to win and support there product. Ron, at Revolution Racing Shocks caught on to the excitment of the build and on his own gave Chuck and I some valuable tips. With Chucks experience on racing/Broncos and Ron's expertise with Baja shocks they came up with some tricky stuff that is going to make the Bronco better on the course. Thanks Ron and Chuck for all the hard work and deep thoughts on the project. Looking forward to picking her up.. : ) keep those pictues rolling Chuck.

critter

Loc.
belmont,n.c.
Nick, We (Chuck and his team) are flat out!! We Recieved some gooddies this week and the guys are installing and retroing the parts on to the racer. I bet with in a week we should have a good idea when the racer can be picked up. I'll be passing through BC Broncos to visit on wed. on the way to cali. to pick up a mustang that is in Ventura. I'm sure we will make a plan from there.