• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rad from 66 Mustang 200ci fits bronco 170ci ??

rae61

I just want to confirm that I did not miss something before I make a purchase. From all my checking a rad for a 66 Mustang 200ci manual will work in my 71 bronco with a 170 manual. The hose connections are on the correct side the inlet and outlet are the correct diameters.

Has anyone done this or know why this might not work? I can get one locally and save shipping costs to Canada if it does.
Thanks for any feedback.

Terkish

It will fit, but it dose raise the radiator up slightly. The mounting bolt hole are in a slightly different spot. Easily fixed with new holse drilled if your so inclined. I have done this in the past. It worked out just fine. Drove around for a year and a half with a mustang rad in my last bronco befor i sold it.

OP
OP
rae61

rae61

Terkish, thanks for the information as always there is someone on here that has done it or tried it.

The local mustang shop gal just smiles now, every time I wander in and order another "mustang" part for the Bronco.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
stang (most) fits my bronk (yr correct) and '85 LTD waggy (also yr corrected). Just like a bronk, a stang? everything is available. Glad a Studie or AMC did not grab my fancy. (well, some do, but not my wallet).