• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radio hole in dash?

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Did any Broncos come from the factory with holes for the radio in the metal dash? Mine has a am/fm, 8track, CB, unit mounted under the dash. Gonna install the new deck and CB either in the console or a dash that has already been cut. Don't want to screw up a dash.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
here you go, stock dash with origional holes<br>
radio_hole.jpg

OP
OP
BroncoJAK

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
My stock dash has no holes under the temp controls. Those don't look like anything you could mount a radio in. ?:? So if yours is original radio holes, I could find one with a big square hole cut in it for a radio, and do whatever I want to.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
[quote author=yellowrouge link=board=5;threadid=12128;start=0#89630 date=1039392309]<br>My stock dash has no holes under the temp controls. Those don't look like anything you could mount a radio in. ?:? So if yours is original radio holes, I could find one with a big square hole cut in it for a radio, and do whatever I want to. <br>[/quote]<br><br>yes, yes you can.<br>heres one thats cut<br><br>
76-8x.jpg

Trevor

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
The holes vary across some of the year models. I know some of the lights/ignition and heater controls in my '67 are different than later years. <br>Even if you can't find an original with holes, there are dashes that have been cut that show up for sale and you can just buy one of those and keep yours hole free.<br>Mine had the stock am radio and I took it out and enlarged the hole. You'll have to work around the heater hoses but it's not too hard.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've got a 77 dash that had 3 holes in the dash where the radio was. Other than that, most have been hacked out to jam whatever was in the madman's hands into the dash.<br><br>snake

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Looking at my dashes it looks like they were all stamped solid, and if radio was ordered than the center hole was hole sawed and the outers drilled. The factory radio had a seperate face from the radio itself and all that stuck thru were the 2 knob shafts and the center light bulb.<br>I have some hacked dashes and stockers I can make you a deal on.