• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rampage vs. best top

cbautoworks

Loc.
nashville
ok all i am wondering is if some one can tell me if there is a $375 difference in the 2 tops. thats about what the cost difference in the 2 tops cost me. noise is not a big deal. i am more worried about staying dry. thanks for any info.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Just got a Rampage top last month. My buddy has the Best Top... He's thinking of selling his Best Top if you are interested! LOL He likes my Rampage top much better.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Lots of postivie comments ahve been made on the Rampage top since it came out. It really is an improvement from the Kayline/STC versions. You might try a search on the subject to get more specifics. IMO, if installed properly, the Rampage top seals as well as a hardtop...which is pretty OK, but not perfect. The thing to remember about the Rampage top is that it is totally convertible fairly quickly. Windows can be zipped out (for safari-style top) or in for a full top....plus you can drop or raise the whole thing in just a few minutes. Good luck with your choices.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I agree with everything above. Altho I have found a couple things I dislike about it as well. One good thing is it is pretty adjustable so getting a good fit will not be to hard. Two things I dislike are the way the zippers don't like to zip around the corner towards the back of the side windows. Another dislike would be the plastic clips on the bottom of the side windows that hold it to the bed rail. Both are pretty standard on tops now however. The top fits pretty tight and is not very noise when up in either safari or full top mode. I have driven at 75MPH with the top both ways and it works just fine.

Here is the link that helped me pick the Rampage Top...
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154742

Happy reading ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The thing to remember about the Rampage top is that it is totally convertible fairly quickly. Windows can be zipped out (for safari-style top) or in for a full top....plus you can drop or raise the whole thing in just a few minutes. Good luck with your choices.

Saw one in person, & liked it a lot...

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
soft tops dont last forever, get the one with the lower cost.. that is what I did and I am totally satisfied with mine. (rampage) It has a lower risor in front which looks better and is easy to install.. One note, do not drill new holes for frame around the door, just bend the soft top window part back and down to use the existing hole that is about 1.5 inches back from door.. You will better understand when you have it in hand.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Will this top fit without having to relocate the wiper motor?

No, the Rampage top will not fit without relocating the wiper motor as it used a riser that is much lower than the Bestop riser (but looks better IMO).

Thankfully, the Rampage guys include the drop bracket to relocate the wiper motor with the kit. The relocation doesn't affect the wiper functionality and it probably should have come this way from the factory.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
soft tops dont last forever, get the one with the lower cost.. that is what I did and I am totally satisfied with mine. (rampage) It has a lower risor in front which looks better and is easy to install.. One note, do not drill new holes for frame around the door, just bend the soft top window part back and down to use the existing hole that is about 1.5 inches back from door.. You will better understand when you have it in hand.

And yours was the one I looked at.. ;D

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I dont think the Bestop is any better than the Rampage. I purchased a rampage for my wifes truck last year and it is holding up well it seals good and it is much improved over the STC top that I have on my bronco. I have had a few problems with the zippers on the side windows but nothing bad. I would buy another! Liek other have said the tops dont last forever and it is hard to justify that cost differance!

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I have the BestTop bikini and riser. Will that work with the Rampage or would have I to swap out the riser depending on if I'm using the bikini or full top?

mark becker

Loc.
MI
I have had both, go with the Rampage, it is simply a much better top all the way around.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The bestop riser and bikini will not work with the Rampage top. If you get a rampage top sell your bestop stuff and buy just the bikini from Toms or Wild Hroses. you wont need the hardware because it comes with the soft top.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
The bestop riser and bikini will not work with the Rampage top. If you get a rampage top sell your bestop stuff and buy just the bikini from Toms or Wild Hroses. you wont need the hardware because it comes with the soft top.

My Bestop Bikini works with my Rampage riser. The Rampage riser has a slide out track that holds the round bead of the front of my Bestop Bikini like it was made for it. Did they change the riser recently on the Rampage since they first came out or something?

colohunter

Loc.
Frederick Colo.
Bestop sent there manufactoring to Mexico a few months back. They shut down there plant in Broomfield Colo. I was going by there and saw a sign that said auction. Stoped by and all there tools were being sold. None of products were being sold. Sucks that a company that started out in Boulder was bought out by a larger company than sent out of the country to cheaper labor. Dont know if I would buy anything from them anymore.