• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rancho Borg Warner OD unit bolts to D20?

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Has anyone even heard of this? It's a auxilliary unit that bolts to the rear of the dana 20 and uses a planetary gear to achieve overdrive. the case was originally sourced from an old Studebaker with a machined adapter plate to fit the Dana 20. It only works in 2wd and requires a shorter rear driveshaft. Looks like it is operated by a solenoid and switch.

It's for sale on a competing message board. How reliable are these? Would it stand up to mild trail use and daily driving behind a mildly-built 302?

It must be the most odd and rare EB part I've ever seen.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Has anyone even heard of this? It's a auxilliary unit that bolts to the rear of the dana 20 and uses a planetary gear to achieve overdrive. the case was originally sourced from an old Studebaker with a machined adapter plate to fit the Dana 20. It only works in 2wd and requires a shorter rear driveshaft. Looks like it is operated by a solenoid and switch.

It's for sale on a competing message board. How reliable are these? Would it stand up to mild trail use and daily driving behind a mildly-built 302?

It must be the most odd and rare EB part I've ever seen.

There are a few around. Rancho Jeep Supply and a few others sold them back in the day. For your use, I think it would be OK.

Todd Z.

oleguy74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
calif city ca
yea,the studi used a r9 od unit mighty good unit.r11much better,if price is right look into it .the solenoid sw goes on gas pedle .this was the kick down for passing gear.your application would probly be a switch mounted on shift lever.just a guess!passing gear will be in c4