• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ranger Stripe Error (or Win)?

Seattle Rob

Hi All

Rig in for final paint and assembly. Guy doing the stripe insisted on painting it instead of using decals. However, he continued the stripe to wrap around the rear tail lights a bit. He thinks it looks much more complete than the otherwise (stock) abrupt stop at the end of the panel. Keep it or ditch it?

Rob

Attachments

• DSCN1813.jpg
    DSCN1813.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCN1814.jpg
    DSCN1814.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 370

House

Minutia Militia
Looks nice, seen it done like that multiple times.
The keen Bronco eye will see it from a mile away though...!

bosshoff

Contributor
You already know the answer to your question. I agree. Make it stockish.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OK I'VE judged one car show in my life. But it was far the quality of the paint not the .. Originality.
.. IF THE BOTTOM White stripe that wraps around is ok then I'll say the top 1/4 inch pin stripe is OK.
. BUT IF the bottom 6 inch white stripe or panel is not supposed to wrap around then I'd say square off the 1/4 inch strip also.
... I like it wrapped around ..... Just me.

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd prefer stock, but that's just me.

But keep in mind, I now own two EB's and neither are stock.%)

It's yours, do whatever you feel is best!

77Bronco636

I would leave it. If he tries to fix it you just risk the chance of the paint getting messed up....

Nevadasmith

Loc.
Fallon, Nv
I actually like it better, it looks more "finished" , but if you were building for concourse, or resale it should be as original as possible, I would keep it.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Leave it if that's what you like. What are your intentions for this Bronco?

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I like it. Ford probably would have done it that way but it's difficult to wrap a decal around the bottom corner like that.

BigToe

I like it. Only reason Ford didn't was cost, These things weren't their "top of the line" vehicle. If it's not a perfect stock resto your after, I'd keep it.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Ditch it. Painting them on is bad enough. It's a sure giveaway to anyone who knows Broncos that it's not correct. If you're going for stock then make it stock.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If it was a stock restore then the whole white paint is wrong and you have to install the decal. But since its paint its better wraped around looking like an improvement and a complete job. But in the long run you have to be happy with it not the painter he's just an employee.

OP
OP
S

Seattle Rob

Thanks all for your quick responses. Love the varying views. To be honest, my bronco is a mixed bag. I tried to keep everything as stock as possible. However, it's sitting on a duff 3.5" lift with a 2" body lift. I'm also diverging with custom bumpers and an impact tire carrier. Further, it also has a higher roll cage and I completely ditched the hard top and have filled in the holes for the roof. You can also see that I didn't include the orange pin stripe in my ranger striping. So - I guess as I write this I kind of see the idiocracy in maintaining this piece when other key pieces are already not aligned with a stock look.