• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rarity of 1975 Ranger Uncut, Rust-free, Dark Blue metalic

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yes, not a Ranger. Does he claim its a Ranger??

I think I'd pass on that one.

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Ranger Package

He never claimed it was a Ranger. I thought only Rangers came with grill trim. It had grill brightwork as well as chrome headlight trim and beltline trim. I've had a Ranger, Explorer, and standard, and the Ranger was the only one with all of these options. I don't care really which one it is. I will dress it up with sport badges and a sweet paint job. It will have a soft top and new wheels and tires and it will be awesome again!

PS Anyone need the door inserts or hard top? I'm in South Florida but the driver will be coming from Alabama to S. Florida if anyone needs a hard top on the way!

Unknown

Contributor
I'd make a muuuuuuuch lower offer if felt I really wanted it. Looks like the main gas tank is missing and all sorts of other stuff. I'd have to see receipts of the work done before I could get real on a purchase.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Are Rangers worth more?

I'm pretty certain this one is a Sport, but close to me there is a real Ranger for sale. Is it worth more than a Sport or are they all in the same?

Best one I had was a Red Explorer with Red interior (plaid) only made a few in 1974. Brian Banfield told me it's not worth any more than the rest. He said the market is not entirely into the 100% original factory look right now. I have to agree. I saw a beautiful factory ginger bronco go 10,000 less than a grabber blue 1/2 cab at West Palm Beach Barrett Jackson this year. One went for $34000 and one north of $42000. The blue one that went for more had 80 grit sandpaper marks in it as well! Go figure!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
An all original Ranger in excellent condition (either restored or a survivor) will command a bit of a premium over a base model. It adds no or very little value to to one in the condition of the blue one you first asked about.

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
I'm sending my deposit over now.

Guys,

I really appreciate the input, but all in all this is a nice Bronco. It is nearly rust free and has only a few things that need to be addressed mechanically. The fuel tank is $139 on eBay from Tom's with a scratch. Paint will be easy on this one. Not much to weld on floors. Interior is very simple if you are crafty and own a few pair of hog ring pliers. I have bumpers and a filler neck. It's a Texas truck and was dry in Texas and Alabama. It runs great and should be a great Bronco Sport to enjoy. I do wish it had C4 Auto. Perhaps I'll go with a NP in the future. I will post pics of the progress.

Cheers!

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Still scared to pull the trigger!

I don't know why, but I am still dragging my feet on this one! Any more input to confuse me even more? LOL

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I don't know why, but I am still dragging my feet on this one! Any more input to confuse me even more? LOL

Well you didn't particularly like the advice thus far, so not sure why you asking for more? Most responses after seeing the CL ad and finding out it's not a Ranger was to pass or offer a lot less money. I think that's still good advice. If you're dragging your feet, it's probably not the right one.

SP66

Bronco Guru
It's not a Ranger---at best it's what's left from what might have been a Ranger in it's glory days---which apparently was quite a while ago

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas

If you are dragging your feet then there must be something in your gut telling you....

The price for that truck seems a bit risky...but that's is my take on it.