• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ready to burn steel - need welding supplies

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
After welding up a pretty functional front bumper a couple years ago, I'm about ready to put together a rear bumper.

Do you guys have any sources for some welding supplies? Specifically, I need to source a 2" receiver tube and a couple of good shackle tabs. I might also look at a pivot post/bearing for the tire carrier.

I've found a couple of places online, but I can't seem to get everything from one place.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
If you have a Tractor Supply store near you, I know they have the receiver tubes in different lenghts. That will at least save some shipping charges.

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
If you have a Tractor Supply store near you, I know they have the receiver tubes in different lenghts. That will at least save some shipping charges.

Nah, we don't have a Tractor Supply here... maybe they have a web site. I'll take a look... Thanks for the advice!

ransil

Bronco Guru
etrailer.com has receiver stuff, do you have a steel supplier in town that would be your best option.

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
etrailer.com has receiver stuff, do you have a steel supplier in town that would be your best option.

We have a couple of steel shops in town, but they seem to only sell stock steel (tubing, bar, pipe, etc.). I have found receiver tubes online, and I have found shackle tabs on line... but never all in one place! I prefer to get it all in one place, but then again, I prefer expensive microbrews, too. We can't always get what we want!

MalWart has three aisles of plastic flowers, but not a single piece of welding stock. I weep for mankind. :cry:

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
You can use 2.5" x .25" wall square tube. Depending on the d-ring size, just cut some flat stock and drill a hole. I used a D44 hub/spindle for my tire carrier hinge.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
McMaster.com has hitch tube complete with the reinforced end. That is where I got mine.

OP
OP
rsharpnm

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces