• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Really need some help with new calipers

Lsufan112001

I just put on a disc brake conversion (front end only), and i've gotten to the calipers and brake shoes being put on. The company sent me the kit with literally no instructions, and i'm not a top notch mechanic.

Please take a look at this picture and let me know where this retaining clip goes:

https://imgur.com/a/p1DFNX0

the caliper side brake shoe floats, and seems to rub the rotor. Is that correct? the other side sits in place.

got the hurricane on the way and really need to get this fixed tomorrow morning.

thanks, from Louisiana

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Will it fit on the back side of the pad that is touching the caliper piston. I see a notch on the bottom. It looks like it would clip to the back side and that long piece sticking out will help hold it into the piston. Just a guess on my end, I don't have that setup.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The inner pad should not float freely. It should be at least mildly retained/located by the metal clippy thingies that are attached to the backside and clip into the piston.
I see one end of one sticking out, which should maybe be stuck into the caliper instead.

At least that's what I think. I can't go out right now and look at mine.

Paul

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What they all said^^^^^^^^

Attachments

• Brakes.jpg
    Brakes.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 41

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Inner piston/pad clip to preload the pad and keep it from rattling.