• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Bumper Build *Updated 1/26/09*

zenzone

thats the same hub kit I used when I built my bumper, it works great and is real strong. it was a few years back when I did the build though so i dont know who I purchased it from. Its looking good keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Dan74Bronc

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Not much progress to report but I thought I'd update anyway.

Actually I'm building a bumper and swing away tire carrier for me and just the swing away part for a buddy who I owe for rebuilding a tranny for me last year. So these pics are of his Bronco. First one is the tailgate latch tack welded in place on the tire carrier. The swing arm is drooping kinda low because the bearings are loose in the pivot so the latch is dragging on the triangle piece it latches to. The other picr is the beginning of the hoop that will hold the tire in place.

Attachments

• DSCN2277.jpg
    DSCN2277.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN2279.jpg
    DSCN2279.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
Dan74Bronc

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Ok, a few more pics of the latch and opening handle. Finished it up last night.

Attachments

• DSCN2283.jpg
    DSCN2283.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCN2284.jpg
    DSCN2284.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 108

Colorado75Bronc

Loc.
Colorado Springs
ya it looks great, i used a spare dana 30 hub on mine, i turned out great, and with the axle shaft in there, i won't have a problem if the latch comes undone, and i can lock it in where ever i want when i swing it out, i haven't finished the latch, cause i ran out of time where i was building it, but i'll try to get some pics up here

OP
OP
Dan74Bronc

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Hey, where's the pics of the finished product?

Is anything bronco related ever finished?

Haven't had time to work on it lately. Still need a removable cooler rack and a jerry can rack that will interchange with each other. And I think a cb antenna mount just above the spare tire.

Attachments

• DSC00451.jpg
    DSC00451.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00452.jpg
    DSC00452.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00453.jpg
    DSC00453.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 48