• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Coil Over Mounts

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Looking for some pics of other rear coil over shock mounts. Right now mine come through the floor in front of the rear seat. Kind of a pain ofr passengers and also make it tough to close off the holes in the floor. Thinking about changing to mounting the shocks on the housing and then maybe behind wheel wells. Right now they are on the trailing arm for more travel but hard to use the travel they have right now. Thinking about brackets welded to the side of the frame and then boxed enclosing them inside the truck. Any Pics?

Attachments

• IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 44

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
If you move them behind the axle you will give up wheel travel, probably not a big deal unless your just hauling across the desert. But you will gain stability and better climbing ability, it helps keep the front tires on the ground when you point the nose to the sky on a climb. You will also have to retune the shocks and change spring rates, assuming everything is dialed in for this set up.

OP
OP
rcmbronc

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Yeh loosing some travel is OK. Also understand the revalve and springs. Just looking at options.

BanditBronco

Jsmall's old silver rig had plate style rear mounts, I can't remember if they were in front or behind the wheel, might check out his thread, ORI's not CO but same difference, he did run a rear seat though. Also, the yellow rear steer Bronco has behind the axle mounts I believe, might have to google that one to find any good pictures.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Pardon me if this is an ignorant question, but we don’t have dunes or a whole lot of rock crawling where I live. Is this a 4- link setup?

Randy