• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Coil Over Mounts

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Anyone have some pics of how you have mounted your rear coil overs? i am looking to change mine to make them less intrusive into the bed of the truck and back seat. Right now I have the hoops in the bed with the lower mount attached to the trailing arm. I dont really need that much travel so looking for a better option that I can seal off from the interior of the truck.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Since you didn’t get any pics…. And I can’t find any that I’ve done. I’d move them to the behind the axle. Desert guys will tell you that is wrong, and for ultimate high speed handling I agree, but for a recreational ride that needs to ride good, wheel good and be functional for multi purpose uses it is a great compromise. They can be put behind the axle and leaned back to move the upper mounts behind the seat.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
A bit if a side benefit is that it is more stable crawling with the links moved back, it keeps more weight between the control points, it will climb dumb steep obstacles better. Keeping the weight between the control points, it effectively lowers the CG when pointed vertically up a wall. If all of that makes sense.