• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Disc question... BC Broncos

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
The notch on the disc is supposed to line up with the access hole on the axle flange. Does this look like it will give me enough?
This is a Moser 35 spline axle, and a rear Cadillac disc conversion (both purchased from BC Broncos).

(What's up with the missing thumbnails?)

Attachments

• reardisc1.jpg
    reardisc1.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 53
  • reardisc2.jpg
    reardisc2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 42

ponch0v

The holes are to give you access to the mounting brackets/bear retainers on the axle tube and line up with stock axles. But since BCB provides allen bolts, you may have enough room to get a long allen wrench thru to tighten them. OR...cut down an "L" allen to get it from the backside.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Well, the instructions have the allen heads going head side in from the rear - so it'd be a nut you'd be looking at through the access hole.
Chuck said "as long as you can get a socket in it, then you'll be fine."
Well, pondering this, and not wanting to get everything together and then have to pull everything and dislodge the wheel studs to make it larger, I just notched it larger now.

OP
OP
Mark

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
BTW, won't it be a pain in the ass to replace the rotor in the future?
It's on the inside of the axle flange with wheel studs pressed through it. :p

ponch0v

OOOPS...your right. Nuts on the inside. But cant remember if it makes a diff??? Kiss it with a grinder to give you clearance for a socket:) .

Cant remember the last time I serviced a rear drum or disk (my Camry has 244000 miles and NEVER had to touch the rear brakes). This should be a life time thing cept for the odd break down, but this could be said about any part on the old beast;)