• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Drum brakes: Need help ASAP

Moli

Hi, I'm restoring my 9" rear end and recently bought a drum brake rebuilt kit from BroncoGraveyard.com with new 11" drums but I didn't get these pins that comes out from the rear brake cylender and pushes the brakeshoe into the drum...!

Does anybody know where I might get these pins? I need 4 pcs.

pinni.jpg

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Most any junkyard, i would think. Thats where id look, anyways

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
most parts stores will have them, just take the parts with you so you make sure the match

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Rear drum parts.

If your not in any hurry, Rock Auto might be a possibility.%)

OP
OP
M

Moli

thanks guys, I'll check out NAPA. I live in Iceland and there can be a bit tricky to find parts here... even for an old Bronco. ;)

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Brake parts!

Knowing now that your in iceland; rock auto would be on the internet.%)

OP
OP
M

Moli

thanks guys, I'll check out NAPA. I live in Iceland and there can be a bit tricky to find parts here... even for an old Bronco. ;)

No luck with NAPA, the guy told me that the pins weren't available from online shopping, but told me they had them in some stores.

Put it in your profile so we know next time. ;) Have you seen Oscar's giant green "Grinch" fullsize Bronco rolling around there? He might still have parts from the original axle. Those pushrods are common to a lot of Ford axles until the late '90s.

Yup, I've seen it a few times, awesome looking. :cool:

check the length of yours, but this should be a close match
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...79&ck=Search_h1414_1105579_3851&keyword=h1414
If you cant get them over the pond let me know I can forward some to you

Thanks Ryan, mine are about 2" in length also.

I found these pins also at macsautoparts.com (item #B7A-2042-A) and at NPD (item # 2042-1), so I'm good. ;)

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
M

Moli

Well, some websites tell me that these Weel Cylinder Link Pins are not the same for 10" brakes and 11" brakes...?

They tell me this one is for 10" brake drums:
B7A-2042-A_pJPG.JPG

...and these are for 11" brake drums:
C6TZ-2042-H_pJPG.JPG

Can anyone please confirm this?

?:??:??:?

70_Steve

Old Guy
Well, some websites tell me that these Weel Cylinder Link Pins are not the same for 10" brakes and 11" brakes...?

They tell me this one is for 10" brake drums:
B7A-2042-A_pJPG.JPG

...and these are for 11" brake drums:
C6TZ-2042-H_pJPG.JPG

Can anyone please confirm this?

?:??:??:?
For what it's worth...

Just last weekend I change axle seals, axle bearings and shoes on my 1970 9" with 11" brakes. I didn't change wheel cylinders, but the pins in the wheel cylinders look like your top picture.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
For what it's worth...

Just last weekend I change axle seals, axle bearings and shoes on my 1970 9" with 11" brakes. I didn't change wheel cylinders, but the pins in the wheel cylinders look like your top picture.

I think they will interchange. If the mating points are the same length I can see where they would each engage the shoe in the same slot.

PaveBronco

Moli,
I got a Iceland Four Wheeler Club sticker a few years ago from an Air Force Helo buddy who was over there, it had an old bronco on it. Do they still have/sell them, I'm sure there's guys out here would want some..

jack250r

Loc.
Booneville, MS
I have a '75 and mine had the "H" type on it, dont know if they were factory or not. I was replacing all my brake hardware and had a time finding them. Oreilly's show them on their website, but were not available in my local store, nor were they available at Auto Zone or NAPA. I ended up buying mine off of EBay. I will check on the part # and post later

jack250r

Loc.
Booneville, MS
OK, I checked the part # for the "H" type brake shoe links or some called them wheel cylinder links. They were listed as H1421-2 for several manufactures, also found them in a 2 piece pack by Wagner Part # F71862S. These were the corect length and diameter for the ones I rreplaced in my 1975 Bronco.
I also had no luck finding replacement springs for the spreader bar? at local parts stores. but found some on EBay under Carlson H1338-2. Good luck finding everything..