• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rear end breather hose

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
What does the rear end breather hose go to up in the left hand side of the frame. The hose is rotten and my hand barely fits up in there. Theres a self tapping 5/16 bolt sticking down from the top. Does that remove the breather so I can change the hose? This is on a 68 bronco. If theres a better alternative just let me know. I was going to put it back stock if I can. I havent tried to loosen it because it was pretty rusted so I gave it a spray and let it soak a while. The hose was broken off at the rear breather and it was stopped up and blew the seals out . This wasnt a big problem with no linings left and ruined drums.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
What I and a lot of other people do is extend the breather up a little higher then the frame. Just use some fuel hose and route it up and behind the left tail lamp. Put a loop in it so the open end is facing down. Zip ties work wonders for holding the hose in the loop and holding the hose in place. Just don't bend it so tight that it kinks.