• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear frame crossmember and pumpkin

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How close does the rear pumpkin ever get to the rear frame cross member with a 2.5 inch suspension? I want to run a tank switch and low pressure pump back there, and with 1 inch body lift, they still hang down about 1-2 inches below the cross member.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
can you put it inside the frame rail. Cant give you a definite answer even with that same lift, as ive never measured that aspect. Inside the rail would protect it more.

OP
OP
AZ73

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just to give you an idea, it's going to look something like this but because I only have a 1 inch body lift instead of the 2 inch on this vehicle, mine hangs down lower. I can rotate the 6 port switch to horizontal and put it on top of the cross member (there's enough room) to get it out of the way, but the pump hangs down. Wouldn't mind putting it on the frame except it would have to shift forward because of the triangle bracket which holds the rear brake line. I can even move it off center to the driver's side to help clear. Would prefer to have it on the cross member unless I can't. Maybe directly under the cross member. That's past where the pumpkin is.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 49

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Can you put it in one of the corners or on the left side just to give more clearance from the pumpkin

OP
OP
AZ73

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the suggestions. It seems I can squeeze the 6 port switch just forward of the rear brake corner bracket and up 2 inches to clear it without hitting the body. I'll put a stone guard around it to protect it. Then do the same with the LP pump right next to it. Was trying to minimize the distance to the rear tank and I think that will be acceptable.