• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Seat Belt Bolt reinforcement

sk1nw4lk3r

Do any of the vendors sell the metal plate that welds under the floor in the rear of the truck for the back seat?

When removing one of the rear seat belt bolts, it broke free of the metal in the floorpan. :(

Looking for that plate, hoping I don't have to replace the entire rear floorpan... the rest is solid, apparently that little area was the weak point.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i fabbed my own as my rig did not come with rear seat. i obtained a patch panel to fix where PO had installed a fuel cell that had two to use as patterns but hey had been cut off short. some flat stock, i think a 5/8 square nut. I cut a piece of all-thread, welded it into the nut on both sides, ground it smooth and drilled and tapped for 7/16-20 i think is the size.

i drilled holes in floor pan, held the new nuts in with bolts and made rosette welds from above and ground smooth

stock:
old floor nuts.jpg

repopped but before welding nuts to plate:
new floor nuts.jpg

Hank

Last edited: