• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Locating Rear Seat Belt Bolts

seely

I'm working on getting seat belts in the back of my '75 Bronco and am trying to figure out if there are bolt holes there or not. I know it came from the factory with the back seat, but as long as I can remember it did not have seat belts back there. Can anyone confirm as to whether or not the bolt holes would already be present? I am hoping to find them without pulling up the carpeting if possible. If so, do you know if the bolts would be in there already? I am wanting to try and feel with my fingers/a dowel to see if I can locate the holes/bolts but am wanting to know what to feel for.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I pulled up my vinyl mat for tub cleanup in my '69 a few years back. Here are pics of that area. There are two holes near the wheel wells and two more towards the middle of the floor. The other six holes are for the seat which can be mounted in two different positions (forward or backward). Hope this helps.

DSCN2697.JPG DSCN2793.JPG DSCN2800a.JPG

OP
OP
S

seely

Thank you for the photos! Do you know if I would be able to see them from underneath, or would the fuel tank and everything be in the way?

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Thank you for the photos! Do you know if I would be able to see them from underneath, or would the fuel tank and everything be in the way?
Unless your bed above the rear tank is clean, it’s gonna be a challenge to see them from beneath. If you have access to a flexible cam, you probably can get a decent view. I don’t recommend dropping the tank (unless there’s a plan to replace it) just to look for the “bolt holes”.
Randy

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
I don't know if this helps but here is a pic of where the bolt holes are on my 77.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.JPG
    IMG_0871.JPG
    370.8 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
S

seely

Thank you all for the help, I ended up finding all four bolt holes and am getting ready to install the belts.

Does anyone know if the seat belt bolts in the middle could potentially hit the fuel tank if I torque them too much? I saw that a stock tank has two dimples on the top, are those positioned where those holes are to prevent this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk