• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear Seat Belt ?

fasteddie

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Hello,
This is my very first post on Classic Broncos due to the fact that I have just purchased my first Classic Bronco. I bought a 77 Sport with 44k actual miles and would like to take my little one on weekend trips. But, no rear seat belts for the child seat. Does anyone know where I can get OEM Ford seat belts or know what other ford models have the same belts (for my ebay search). Also, I purchased this Classic off an older lady and have not seen the vehicle yet, so is it possible that the seat belts are hidden under the rear seat? I would think that in 77, every position would have atleast a lap belt. Also, would the holes for the seat belt bolts already be drilled in the floor. Thanks for viewing my post, J. E. Doughty-Colorado Springs

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
It should have them.
If it doesn't there will be holes for the belts.
Even my 68 has seatbelt bolt holes for the back seat

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Ditto what SAC '68 said. I bought my '66 last year and it had no belts but the threaded holes were there. I bought new lap belts from Tom's but I've seen them on ebay and would imagine that since they are lap belts you could pull them out of just about anything. The best thing about Tom's, besides the fact that they are brand new, is that they come with the properly threaded bolts. Spray some WD-40 into the holes and work the bolts in and out a few times so that you don't strip them out.

OP
OP
F

fasteddie

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Do the seat belts from Toms look OEM? I will be entering my Bronco into local car shows, and just want to keep the ole girl as original as possible. J. E. Doughty

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
In that case I would suggest checking the classified ads on this site and maybe posting one under "Parts Wanted". A lot of people pull the rear seat and probably have the original belts for sale. Someone may even give them to you. I'll snap a picture of mine (from Tom's) and post it.