• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear seat heaters???

71BRSP#8

Contributor
Loc.
Millersburg OR
Just wondering if anyone has installed an aux heater in the rear seat area. A friend of mine has one and seems to like it. Do the Heater Craft heater in the tech artical do a better job then the stock heaters? I always thought the stock heaters were pretty good...

OP
OP
71BRSP#8

71BRSP#8

Contributor
Loc.
Millersburg OR
Guys, it gets like -45 below here for weeks at a time... I don't want to have to scrape ice off the inside of the rear window too... :p

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
[quote author=SteveL and Jeep Slayer link=board=5;threadid=10842;start=0#79658 date=1036309558]<br>who cares about the rear seat area. Tell em to wear a jacket....<br><br>A big wool blanket works in my rig....<br>[/quote]<br> Gosh, you California guys are sure mean, being that you have to live in that cold, harsh California winters! - LOL! ;D

OP
OP
71BRSP#8

71BRSP#8

Contributor
Loc.
Millersburg OR
[quote author=SteveL link=board=5;threadid=10842;start=0#79737 date=1036350414]<br>sometimes I even put the bikini top on it. Usually on that day when it rains.<br>[/quote] It might get cold and dark here in alsaka in the winters but the summers are incredible... You can drive your Bronco into the sunset for like 6 hours... And then another 6 for sunrise! Ever do any 2am flyfishing in Cal??? Don't veean get me started about the fishing :D...

dksroland

Loc.
springfield, mo.
Yea, my stock heater works so good I crank'er on high,<br>wear a coat, and am covered with a wool blanket.<br>Thats after she sits and gets all good and warmed up for me. 8) 8) 8) ;D :'(

MikeM

Loc.
No Cal
A junkyard option is under the rear seat of a Vanagon. nice self contained core and fan unit.

thumper

Loc.
Bountiful, Utah
I put the Heater Craft #1105 in mine. We mounted it on the trans hump in front of the shifter because my stock heater suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked!! The Heater Craft unit will melt you out of the truck if you want it to. Go with it. Cheap and fairly easy to install no matter where you mount it.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I bought one off ebay. It came out of a 79 Bronco in Arizona. The guy pulled it out just after he bought the bronco and was cleaning out his garage and put it on ebay. It came with the motor, fan and a box that bolts to the floor. <br><br>I was going to install it in my 73, but didn't and now it's going into the 66. Jon has a pretty good write up to the left and that's how I'll install it. <br><br>I've since seen them in salvage yards, for a lot cheaper price than I paid on ebay, but the one I have is in excellent shape.<br><br>snake

G

I used a backseet heater out of a toyota land cruiser. Self Contained unit just plumb in the water. You can just T off the regular heater hose and add a switch to the dash for the electric. Or, you can add another heater swith and another water valve to control the heaters independantly. Mine works great here in Northern Michigan...... :)

Deere4440

Loc.
Helena, MT
There is a company by the name of Bergstrom which makes tractor cab heaters. A nice compact unit w/ core and 12v fan. I found mine by doing a search on Ebay for tractor cab heaters. $15.00 brand new. Mine will fit behind rear fender well. Plumb w/ rad. hose underside by tee's from hoses in engine comp. Should keep my rear glass clear here in MT. Dunno bout AK