• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear seat stock floor bolts

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Howdy. Installing rear seat in a truck that didn't have one from MTP. Does anyone have some pics of the stock floor threaded nut? Is it the same as the seat belt nut? What is the bolt size? I have an example of the seat belt nut to replicate.

Thx

Hank

DaveLev

Do you have the fuel tank out? I found I could not put the seat where I wanted to due to the tank position, then once I found a great spot and put seat belts in, I couldn't get the center seat belt mounts to mount because the darn fuel tank was there again (have to drop/lower J-bolt to solve this issue).

Also, be careful drilling with the fuel tank below you. Although it is metal, sparks and gas don't mix well.

Quick & Dirty

The forward nut is like the front seat reinforcement posted above. The rear nut is sandwiched between the floor and the reinforcement crossrail. The bed crossrail is directly above the frame crossmember.

bronco%20bed%20floor%20001_zpsltzoylfk.jpg

Last edited:

Quick & Dirty

It's a flat, rectangular piece of steel with a threaded hole, welded between the floor and crossrail.

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok. Will take a better look to see if that piece is between my floor and channel and just needs access holes. I see the hole from the underside but the doesn't seem to be enough space for any threaded plate

DaveLev

Thanks for posting a picture, quick & dirty. Order a new J-bolt so I can drop my existing tank and check it out.