• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear top hoist

Adam D

Anyone have experience with Lange "Hoist-A-Top" for rear top removal/storage? If not, any other good solutions/products?

chuckyb

Contributor
FWIW - I've got the Lange Hoist installed in my garage, but have not hoisted roof up with it yet. It has been a good experience with the customer service and installation, though.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Went the cheap route here, and just used some cable ratchet ropes.. :)

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I bought a couple of bike rope lifts off Amazon, they are 15 bucks each. Screwed a couple of 2x12's to the rafters. Ran a 2x4 across the front and back with some eye bolts in them. Hooked it and lifted. Yea you have to have 2 people to do it, but still pretty cheap. I keep it secure with a couple of ratchet straps through eye bolts in the ceiling. Been there 7 years now, I've never taken it down but can't imagine it would be very hard to do.

https://www.amazon.com/2005-Cycle-P...d=1591389707&sprefix=bike+lift,aps,181&sr=8-4
c8c4fe90cb4ae6412144c52b399f8cfd.jpg
c67996c50fa31a45bf7cae8bad47d66a.jpg

crab

Bronco Guru
I did something similar 20 years ago and used the winch on the bronco to lift it off. Worked beautifully

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I bought a couple of bike rope lifts off Amazon, they are 15 bucks each. Screwed a couple of 2x12's to the rafters. Ran a 2x4 across the front and back with some eye bolts in them. Hooked it and lifted. Yea you have to have 2 people to do it, but still pretty cheap. I keep it secure with a couple of ratchet straps through eye bolts in the ceiling. Been there 7 years now, I've never taken it down but can't imagine it would be very hard to do.
QUOTE]

I did the eye bolts directly in to roof of garage/stud...