• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rebuilt motor, still havin problems

texas2badass

i just rebuilt my '73 302 V8. It ran great for 4 days, perfectly. Then last night, it starts sputterin when i slow down, and then stalls. When i would hit the gas it would sputter, then just take off. Today it wont really start, still just barely idling, and that sputterin. Any ideas??

Lttrbox

Loc.
IF
Ran great for 4 days - I would head down the fuel system route. Before doing that check for spark, if you got that I vote for fuel. Check filter for junk. Maybe some good loose from the tank. I would also look into the carb and check the jets/ports. Ive had a lilttle piece of junk stick in there and mess me up for awhile. Good luck.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Make sure the dist is tight and its still timed right, But sounds like your flooding pull the air cleaner and look down the carb while its running is gas leaking into the venturis? if so you may have dirt or something holding the needle seats open allowing the float bowl to fill up.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Fuel and carb. is were I would look good luck. :cool: :cool: :cool: Bill %) :p :cool: