• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

rec on roll cage in Bay Area

navi

I would really appreciate a recommendation for a shop that can install a Baillie roll cage in my half cab.
I'm in the SF bay area.
Cheers

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Any of our brethren on here could likely help... but I'm sure someone would know a shop for ya..

good luck Great cage you got there :)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What part of the bay are you in initially? I'm sure you can travel a bit, but if it's closer to you to begin with, so much the better!
Got a couple of experts on Broncos down here in the southland (San Jose and Morgan Hill) that are a bit busy at the moment, but for a "hopefully" smaller project like a cage that might not be too much.

Another expert shop in the northland (Petaluma-ish) and one in the eastland (Tracy-ish in the hills) that can do it also.

Good luck. Let us know your hoped-for range of travel.
(and yes, you may already have told me, but I forget that kind of stuff pretty quickly these days)

Paul

OP
OP
N

navi

What part of the bay are you in initially? I'm sure you can travel a bit, but if it's closer to you to begin with, so much the better!
Got a couple of experts on Broncos down here in the southland (San Jose and Morgan Hill) that are a bit busy at the moment, but for a "hopefully" smaller project like a cage that might not be too much.

Another expert shop in the northland (Petaluma-ish) and one in the eastland (Tracy-ish in the hills) that can do it also.

Good luck. Let us know your hoped-for range of travel.
(and yes, you may already have told me, but I forget that kind of stuff pretty quickly these days)

Paul

I'm in the east bay, San Leandro...I'd like to find a place within 30 miles hopefully.

OP
OP
N

navi

Can the Bailie cage be attached to the frame?
I think it would be difficult since the back of the cage doesn't extend down to the floor.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure about the cage, but years ago when I dealt with the 4WPW stores regularly, the Oakland store and the Sacramento store had great shop guys working there and they could do most anything. Installing a cage would be a piece of cake, depending on the design and their willingness to try something they don't sell.
And assuming the crew is still good and that they haven't changed their overall service requirements in the last 10 years.

Deetz Off Road up the pass off of Grant Line and Altamont Pass Roads, is not too far out of your range. It's more than 30 miles I would expect, but at least it's almost a straight shot!

Paul

OP
OP
N

navi

4wp in Oakland.. do they do welding? honestly have never thought about it nor questioned if they did or not

https://www.4wheelparts.com/stores/california/4wp-oakland-ca-12?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=organic

thanks, they get really trashed in online reviews but I'll check em out.

Not sure about the cage, but years ago when I dealt with the 4WPW stores regularly, the Oakland store and the Sacramento store had great shop guys working there and they could do most anything. Installing a cage would be a piece of cake, depending on the design and their willingness to try something they don't sell.
And assuming the crew is still good and that they haven't changed their overall service requirements in the last 10 years.

Deetz Off Road up the pass off of Grant Line and Altamont Pass Roads, is not too far out of your range. It's more than 30 miles I would expect, but at least it's almost a straight shot!

Paul

cool, I'll check with them.

There used to be a body shop on San Leandro Blvd that did custom work, they added shoulder belts to my previous bronco and reattached the cage with welds. Don't see them around now though.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca

Paul

I wouldnt let the 4wp down here air up my tires. Everyone I know that has had work done there had to have it redone somewhere else.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

There ya go....

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Take a Vacation and drive to wild horses or toms and get it done while you go fishing. Get something for your money.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or find out if Gordon Bailie is going to be at the Roundup and make him install it!
Could be a during-show event.

Actually we don't do work at our facility anymore, so that's out as a general rule. But still love to have you come by sometime. Definitely try to make the Roundup if you can. Bronco or not.

kman mentioned Arabia's and yes, they can pretty much do anything. And if they run into trouble with a part (not likely with yours, but just sayin') they can fix it on site rather than wait for some replacement.
They build from-scratch vehicles, so not much is going to stop them.

Lots of choices. Definitely PM members 904Bronco and BajaBronco here too.

Paul