• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

redneck final words......

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
hey fellas, hold my beer and watch this...........climbed on the roof of my golf cart with my chainsaw to cut a limb hanging over my bronco cover........slipped while cutting and when i reached up to grab the limb i caught the chain bar.............100s of stitches and surgery later i still have fingers but they dont work yet...........god at least left me with my wipin hand lol!! hope to be back workin in a few months but til then ill just envy yall

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Man, that's tough. Glad you got to keep your fingers & hope for a full recovery! Did something similar when topping a tree last year, when things started to go south I tossed the saw like it was on fire and had to bail from about 18' up. The saw was un-damaged but I didn't walk right for two weeks. In the meantime sounds like your next upgrade is a steering wheel spinner. Hang in there!

bteutsch

When did this happen? So weird I didn't even know lol... But seriously have you got your project list together yet?

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Whoa... um, that's rough, sorry to hear. Get on the road to recovery as quickly as possible, and um, stay off of golf carts, they're of the devil.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Holy Crap! God I hope this is an April Fools Joke!!!

If not, get well soon and heal up. I sliced my fingers A LONG TIME ago with a Hunting Broadhead and the nerve damage took forever to get better!

croft75

ouch , maybe you will have to buy a chainsaw shirt to go with the pants :)

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Last year had a guy cutting limbs in his back yard who made the fatal mistake of pulling the chainsaw toward him through a limb. Once the chainsaw made it through the limb it jumped toward him and cut him across his neck. Bled to death before he reached his back porch.

Sorry you got cut, but glad your alive brother.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Limb took the ladder out form under me a while back and came down 8' head first. I pitched the saw but came down on me shoulder,dislocating it.

OP
OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Loc.
Shreveport, LA
thanks for all the get well wishes......hand is working as well as can be expected. middle two fingers have permanent nerve damage and they don't close all the way but I can turn a wrench now. thanks again and the bronco project is back on the list now

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Good to hear your doing better and at least you can still give someone the bird sorry just had to add that. I did something similar years back but my was a true dumba$$ thing. I was on pain meds with a broken hand and needed to cut down a limb that was going to break anyway but don't feel like paying to fix the broken window instead. So while cutting it down I got distracted and grab the chain while cutting the branch thinking I had grabbed the branch. Only thing that saved me was the cast.