• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

registering as an Antique

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Re: Re: Re: Kentucky Antique

yak67 said:
I just registered and got the plates for mine, the Wash. D.O.L. site said "can't be used as regular transportation", and can be used for "pleasure" no mileage restrictions. Never will pay liscence fees again..... ;D ;D
Do you have a link? They told me specifically that taking it out on the weekends to the trails was not covered when I asked. Sounds like the clerk I talked to didn't get the facts right.

yak67

Bronco Guru
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kentucky Antique

SaddleUp said:
Do you have a link? They told me specifically that taking it out on the weekends to the trails was not covered when I asked. Sounds like the clerk I talked to didn't get the facts right.

yep, the last one under uses, kinda opens it up to a lot of uses, my "pleasure" could be........

besides, I really don't consider mine my dd anymore so I'm not too worried about it.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vs/tr-spp.htm#Antique

yak67

Bronco Guru
sorry, says others pleasure without comp. still really not very specific, doesn't say anything about driving offroad

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
6bronco6 said:
What are the restrictions when registering as an antique? yearly mileage? Do i need an emergency brake if i register as an antique? comments anyone?

What state? My guess on the ebrake is it will need on no matter the state, as it had one originally.

Some states offer a variety of plates. In ohio they have a collector car plate that only requires it meet certain criteria. One is that it is no longer made........ie, later model Broncos too.

A number of states only want you driving it to parades, club meetings, shows and (here's the loophole) "testing".

stry9ker

In VA once you register as an Antique, nothing applies to you except insurance, and city tax. I don't have an emergency brake, and I don't have to have one.

The only restrictions on me are I can't drive it "everyday", but I do anyway, or more than 500 miles from my home address. All the cops around me want to buy it anyway, so if I get pulled over, I know who to call.