• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Removal of Dash

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
There is an article on this site covering that....

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/removing-your-bronco-dash

You will need to get the windshield frame tilted forward onto the hood so you can get to screws on the front side of the cowl that hold the dash. There are also the dash support brackets on the bottom and a screw on each side, on the inside. I took mine out years ago and am right in the middle of putting it back.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
FYI, to remove the ignition switch you need the key in, turn it to accessory I think, then push in with something like a paper clip into that tiny hole (I use a tiny allen wrench) and then turn counter clockwise and pull the key tumbler out. Then you can remove the ignition bezel. The directions are in a CHilton manual on how to do it.

The light switch knob comes out when you push in on that little metal button on the switch housing. You will see it. Small metal button with spring under it. Push in on that and you can pull the switch knob out of the light switch assembly. All other knobs have set screws I think.

Found this link....

http://classicbroncos.com/tech/early-bronco-ignition-switch-removal

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. so after you tilted the dash forward. And your at the screws that hold the dash in place .. HOW DO YOU GET THE SCREWS LOOSE.

section525

Loc.
Red Bluff
.. so after you tilted the dash forward. And your at the screws that hold the dash in place .. HOW DO YOU GET THE SCREWS LOOSE.

You mean because of access? If so, I use this tool and it works great. It sits in the tool box for years at a time until something like this comes up. ;D

Attachments

• driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 70

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Was working all weekend getting my dash in or I would have responded. I used a 1/4" box end wrench and one of those screwdriver bits you'd put into a magnetic chuck for say doing sheet rock. It is a PITA getting the screws out and back in. Slow process, but you only need to do the job once (hopefully).

Dash5_zpsvigxcqon.jpg

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. great guys .. I did my Camo Bronco but it was 10 years or so ago. Now I have the Red Bronco. that needs the window frame removed .
.. I Was thinking one of those Hand Impact drivers that you hit with a hammer to loosen the screws . I believe mine will be so rusty, that I have to grinf the tops off. AND THEN JUST RE-DRILL new holes for the rest.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
I doubt the driver would fit. Window frame blocks anything long getting to the screw heads. A very short Phillips bit barely fits. The bit being a 1/4" hex allows the use of a small box end wrench. Yes, I guess you could grind off and if the frame out of the way drill new holes beside the old locations.