• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

removing pills from the tcase

berg bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
franklin NC
I have a t shift that im trying to remove the detent pills I have one pill out and I can see the other one but it wont come out do I need to remove the other shift rail to get it out? I thought I read on another thread that I only needed to pull one rail out.

Attachments

• DSC_0939 [640x480].JPG
    DSC_0939 [640x480].JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC_0937 [640x480].JPG
    DSC_0937 [640x480].JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 62

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i was under the impression the entire t-case has to be taken apart??????

Attachments

• t-case schematic.jpg
    t-case schematic.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 40

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Yes. If you remove the front rail you can get them both out. If you already have one out it should be easy. Looking at your pics you've taken the rear rail out.

ol gray mare

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but IIRC, the front shift rail and fork are the last things out, and the first things back in (on a complete tear down). Seems I remember having a helava time getting that allen head screw outta that shift fork:p. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a while since i was that deep into my case.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but IIRC, the front shift rail and fork are the last things out, and the first things back in (on a complete tear down). Seems I remember having a helava time getting that allen head screw outta that shift fork:p. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's been a while since i was that deep into my case.

As long as you can get to the allen screw it can be done without taking the front shaft and gears out.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
if you have a small pick-up magnet you can reach into the hole and should be able to get the pill out.

OP
OP
berg bronco

berg bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
franklin NC
I have another question I didnt notice the detent springs were differant size when I took them out could somebody tell me wich one goes where?

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I have another question I didnt notice the detent springs were differant size when I took them out could somebody tell me wich one goes where?

I've seen stock springs that were different colors; red, white and blue. They were all about the same size though. I recommend new springs when rebuilding the tcase. Old springs lose their tension.