• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

removing smog equipment

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
The following is a post from EBR and 74Bronc.

Yep, they (treehuggers) are at it again. For those of you with 66-73(4) EB's in California who dumped your smog equipment, listen up. On Feb 21, 2003, Senator Florez (D) of the California State legislature introduced SB 708 which will revoke SB42. SB42, passed in 1997, exempted 66-73 vehicles from the California State biennial smog review and called for a rolling exemption starting Jan 1 2003. They propose this law to go into effect January 1, 2005. It HAS to be stopped or we will all face having to find smog crapola for our rigs again. This moron that introduced this bill did not write into it any relief either as he proposes that only cars 45 years and older would be exempt. What he is too stupid to understand is that his proposition would require vehicles 1960-present to be subjected to the cruel and unusual punishment of the california smog check but vehicles 1965 and older weren't even required to have smog equipment. The Health Code specifically states that it is illegal to make a vehicle pass emission cutpoints that are more stringent than were in place when the vehicle was originally produced. Don't stand for this. We could all be affected. I am going to do whatever I can to turn this bill upside down and fight for a citizens right to own and operate their vehicle of choice. This is getting downright ridiculous in this state. Maybe it will be easier to move to another State. Here are the links: http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/sen/sb_0701-0750/sb_708_bill_20030221_introduced.html http://www.geocities.com/smogrfg/ Todd in San Diego
P.S. I just tried to open the two links and neither one would open.

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
I think different year models had different air injection ports. Your 75 is most likely the same as my 76. I plugged my ports with a bolt and fender washer gooped up with a little high temp. silicon.