• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replace lower window track and adhesive without removing window

cmmcd72

Contributor
I just replaced all of my window tracks and felt without removing the side or vent window. I used a ratchet strap to compress the the lower track and adhesive. I simply stuffed the flat end of a ratchet strap down the outside of the window with a putty knife. Then I pulled it under and taped it to the bottom of the inside of the window. I rolled up the window and grabbed the flat end. Then I used ratchets to complete the circle and crank the window down firmly and evenly into the lower track channel with the adhesive liner I got at Tom's Bronco Parts. 3 ratchet straps would be ideal, with one on each end and one in the middle. Let it sit for a few hours and works perfectly.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like a great tip cmmcd. Thanks!
But I'm having a hard time visualizing it. Any chance you got pics?

Paul