• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

replacement windshield options

rednck21

my windshield got busted last week :( while i was trailering my bronco...dont know how it happened, maybe a rock? anyway i was thinking about replacing it with plexiglass. i dont drive it on the street much...maybe once a week and the cops in my area are not that bad. any suggestions??

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh
I dont know about plexiglass.. that shit would fog up and get scratched and turn nasty in a heartbeat. do you use your tp? if not cut the frame off or unbolt it and do like offrder35 does... but I think he has some of that high dlooar glass but anyways, an idea... I'll prolly ditch mine when I get to that point... we'll see

ford67bronco

Loc.
Wisconsin
It should work, get the thicker stuff and double it if you have to so it is close to the thickness of the regular windshield, I did that when I raced late models years ago.

joes75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pittsburgh
I saw somethign for a shatterproof glass a few weeks ago... they hit it with a hammer or something... anyways, you could always get lexan and not worry about it agai.. but $$$$ for both.<br>a regular replacement wouldnt cost too much since its flat...

Wzbell

Loc.
Troutman, NC
I would go with a regular replacement. I bought a bronco with a plexiglass pass. side window and it is horrible. Scatches galore. But hten again if your dont drive it much plexigalss is cheap and worth a try.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D You can do that but use lexan 1/4" it should work good for you wont bugger up as easy and NO wipers they will mark it good have bought a couple that way good luck. 8) 8) 8) Bill 8) ::) :p

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
I am an auto glass technitian. So I work with this every day. Plexi and lexan can be scratched just by looking at it wrong! It will only take a short time and you wont be able to see. If you want to save money have one made out of catigory 2 Lami. Its cheeper than windshield lami but just as good. You should be able to get it for around $8 a sqare foot. Plexi will cost you at least $6 a quare.

OP
OP
rednck21

rednck21

OOOOOh that speed glass looks VERY nice but i dont really have $300+++ to spend! :eek:<br><br><br>What the heck is Lami??

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
[quote author=rednck21 link=board=5;threadid=8971;start=0#64327 date=1031804170]<br>OOOOOh that speed glass looks VERY nice but i dont really have $300+++ to spend! :eek:<br><br><br>What the heck is Lami??<br>[/quote]Lami is what a windshield is made of. Its two pieces of glass laminated together.