• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacing a Turn Signal Switch/hooking up gauge cluster

drgil

Loc.
Glendale,AZ
Hey guys. I am an absolute newbie when it comes to doing mechanic work.

Does anyone have step by step instructions (with pictures would help) on how to replace a turn signal switch?

I also need help on how to hook up my gauge cluster (wiring it back in).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Does anyone have step by step instructions (with pictures would help) on how to replace a turn signal switch?
  1. Remove old turn signal switch
  2. Install new turn signal switch
Hahaha!!! I crack myself up!!!!

Where abouts in Glendale. I'm at 35th Ave and Deer Valley.

Edit: Are you replacing the entire turn signal switch, or just the canceling cam?

OP
OP
drgil

drgil

Loc.
Glendale,AZ
I am at 91st ave and Glendale. i am replacing the whole switch and now have my column apart and I'm thinking I bit off more than I can chew.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I am at 91st ave and Glendale. i am replacing the whole switch and now have my column apart and I'm thinking I bit off more than I can chew.

If you just took off what they did in the video, you're good. If you get discouraged, walk away for a few minutes and come back to it.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
It ain't that hard. Just take a good look at how the old one is secured to the column, and unbolt it. You're gonna have to solder the new switch onto the connector, which if you did the centech should be fairly easy, however that part of it is probably the most confusing of the entire thing. Wrap the new wires in electrical tape and run them through the column, wire it up, screw it down, good to go. Use a piece of wire or something on the end of the wires to help you pull them through the column. Takes about an hour.

cclay

Great thread. Just found this thru a google search. Kind of a shame you have to take the whole friggin thing apart just to put in a new turn sig switch.

Cjhooper

Help putting the steering column all back together

Hey in those videos linked above there is a point where the shift tube is out of place and he can't get the assembly back on and has to have his kid help (video 2). Does anyone know what he went down and did in the engine compartment. I am stuck in the exact same place after removing everything. I cannot get everything back in place for the t bolts it needs to move about an inch. Any help would be greatly appreciated!