• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

replacing passenger side air vent box

NYC Bronco

How hard of a job is this? AS I understand it, you remove the front fender, then remove and place the box.

box: https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product/passenger-side-air-vent-box-66-77-early-ford-bronco-new

Do I need anything special tool wise short of wrenches or ratchet set? Should I be overly concerned about my fender lining back up correctly once remounted?

I'm replacing the box as it tends to leak a little in heavy rain or power car wash. it leaks where the vent box attached to the interior of the vehicle. I'm currently garage/shop-less so I'm hoping this is an easy swap.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Before you replace it, see if the drain hole on the bottom of it is blocked. If it is, its filling with water and coming in through the kick panel. You don't even have to pull the fender to check/clear that.

KeithKinPhx

Just pulled mine this week. No special tools, just a lot of bolts on the fender. Phillips screw driver and you're all set. Bolts under the battery tray were fun.

Hardest part was getting the fender off with the aluminum trim. Need to remover trim from rocker panel. Had to have my son open and close door while I pulled off the fender to work past trim at mid body.

You might want to do some rust clean up while you are under there. Things get nasty under the box and at the junction where cowl, fender and windshield meet.

Good luck.