• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacing Pilars, Roxkers and Floor - Need Help

ncsujeff

Replacing a lot of the body on my 75. New A/B driver pilar, A passenger pilar, both rockers, kick panels and entire floor.

Purchased the pre-welded floor assembly from Dennis Carpenter.

Starting to screw stuff back together. Have the kick panels welded in. The floor is sitting on its body mounts (nuts not installed). We hung the door to see how far we are off. The door slags a good 2 inches.

I know you can shim body mounts to set the door gaps, but the floor is only attached to the kick panels with a couple of zip screws.

What methodology should we use to insure our door opens are correct before we weld? We have ratchet straps to raise the front and a picker to raise the rear. Posted photos in reply below.

We have the kicker panel and the inner rockers bottom slots lined up and zip screwed together. I assume the inner rockers supplys most of the rigidity to keep the front and back from pigeon toeing in. We would like to have the door openings very close to correct before we weld. Looking for advice on how to achieve that.

This is our first time and we are learning as we go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

ncsujeff

img_8148.jpeg
img_8147.jpeg
img_8149.jpeg
img_8150.jpeg
img_8151.jpeg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry, I don’t have any answers for you. But I am interested in following along with your process!
Good luck with everything.

OP
OP
N

ncsujeff

we tried the 37 1/16” and 21” kick panel location dimensions mentioned in the mbi YouTube video . This moved the kicker panel forward 9/16”. Doing this made the slots in the kick panel and inner rocker not line up (both purchased from Dennis Carpenter). The attached photo is before we moved.

The other oddity is the video mentions that the kick panel should be square to the floor, but the Dennis Carpenter kick panel is tapered where it overlays the inner rocker. Not sure what the purpose of the taper is.

Nevertheless, these dimensions did not work for us. … and in the video they set the A pliar using the door. We tried using the door to locate the A pliar, but there is just too much movement in the body and pilar from the weight of the door. Our plan now is to install both doors (wedge them into place) and secure the front of the floor. We are hoping this will stiffen up the body. There is currently too much flex to know if the doors will work.

Will work on it more tomorrow. If anyone has some words of wisdom, please share.

img_8162.jpeg