• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Replacing quarter panel

jason.k

Loc.
Gulfport Ms
Seems like I'm going to replace every piece of sheet metal on this old bronco. My question is, where the lower quarter panel and upper panel meet. Is it spot welded in? I can see seam sealer on the seam. any advice on the best way to replace this panel. thanks.

kip60

Right there with ya, brother. I'm looking at same situation. Yes, there are spot welds across the top that you can see on the inside of the quarter. The welds are on the panel just above the fender well. Mine are a tad rusty, but I think I can salvage them so I don't have to replace both pieces of the quarter. I've seen where some guys actually use panel glue on these to help seal against the rust. I think I'll just spot weld mine back in and either Line-x or use a good auto undercoating.

Attachments

• 20161216_144541.jpg
    20161216_144541.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 83

73EB

Loc.
Bentonville, Ar
I believe the only way will be to spot weld it back in. Now if your wanting to make the seam less noticeable once it is in you go old school and fill with lead or use body filler. I haven't replaced mine yet but I'm sure you will get some more experience chiming in.

Last edited: